Decision Day

 When I first loaded up Premier Pro, I had a lot of difficulties, technological wise. The software seemed very confusing to me and the more I played around with it, the more lost I became. The idea of making a movie was very cool to me, but I couldn’t get my hand around figuring out the software. I liked InDesign more because I actually understand what is going on. I can figure out how to move pictures around and put text down to make it look like a magazine.  Before we were introduced to both of the programs, I was sure I was going to do a movie. If we weren’t using the programs, I would probably had figured out how to put a bunch of clips together to form a movie. In Premier Pro, I can’t figure out how to add clips and make them fit together. Transitions are hard for me, along with telling a story though videos. I am able to tell a better story through pictures of my surroundings 

I do plan on completing this project with another person. I can work completely fine alone, however, I am a much more sociable person and would rather work with a close friend of mine. The person I want to work with and I have been friends since freshman year, so I believe that our work will click well. We both have recently discussed over what we want to for the magazine.  


Telling a story through pictures is something that I’ve always been good at. It is easy to use a filter to alter the mood of the picture, and let the picture explain itself. For example, a popular topic right now is Covid. Pictures of empty streets and people wearing masks all round their cities would tell a big story about how our society is performing right now in time. That is what we plan on making our magazine on in the future; the damages of Covid on our society and how we’ve all had to adapt to these damages/changes.

 

I don’t know where I would begin with a movie. As creative as I think my mind is, I don’t think I'd be able to formulate enough videos in order to create an amazing story. Camera angles are also tricky for me when it comes to filming. My hands are far too shaky to make a decently smooth video. Taking pictures, however, is easier because I can set up a tripod or prop my phone and use the timer feature to take a really crisp and clean photo, then add effects to make it seem like it has an entire meaning behind it. I like to make it seem as if the photo itself is a catfish. Telling a different story than what may actually be visible and in front of you. 

Comments