Production 2: Downtown Filming
I began filming on Christmas night at University Town Center in a Target parking lot. It was packed with everyone visiting the light show, and very little people were wearing masks. When I went out, it was the intent to hang out with my friends that night, but when I noticed the lack of facial wear, it reminded me of my film so I pulled out my camera and began recording while riding on my skateboard for smooth shots. I took some more wide shots along with low angle shots in order to see all of the Christmas lights and decorations hung everywhere. I’m not sure if this clip will make the final cut, but the effect the lights give off in the night are very cool. The lighting gives the viewer almost a comforting feeling, possibly even forgetting what life used to be like before the pandemic. What inspired me to film this scene was the majority of people all gathered together for a small light show on Christmas night. It was a welcoming feeling, one that I haven’t felt in a long time. It was a feeling that I, and possibly most people miss.
Comments
Post a Comment